This league is for children currently in Kindergarten!
Fall Soccer is scheduled to start on Saturday, Sept. 19!
Rosters will be sent out by Thursday, Sept. 17
NEW REGULATIONS AROUND COVID-19
AND THIS FALL SOCCER SEASON:
- FACE COVERINGS must be worn at all times by players, coaches and spectators unless 6' of distance can be maintained at all times. There is no exception to this rule. This is based on the latest guidance from the EEA Guidelines for Organized Youth and Adult Amateur Sports. This guidance is fluid and may change during the season; we will update if/when this regulation is changed.
- There will be a limit of ONE adult/guardian per family at the games. Even if you have two children participating in the same league (ie, twins in Kinder Soccer), only 1 parent/guardian may attend. (Please no siblings at the field for these games.)
- Parents will be asked to stand on one side of the field only to allow for physcial distancing from the other fields. Please stand on the LEFT side of your field when looking down from the red shed.
- We will be limiting the number of kids per team this season. This will be strictly enforced and we will not be able to add more kids once the league fills up.
- We have measured the space for the fields and will be able to have our usual fields (approx. 60' wide by 80' long) and space the fields 25' apart. This is above and beyond the minimum requirements from the state.
- There will be two coaches per team.
- We will have hand sanitizer available at the fields but also ask parents to have some ready for their child when they come off the field.
- We will not be able to honor any special requests this season. Please understand this. Coaches will have their child(ren) on their specific team.
- All players will need to have their own size 3 soccer ball with them. We will not be able to provide soccer balls this season. Please clearly write your last name on the ball in permanent marker. (If needed, we do have brand new, unused soccer balls available for purchase at the Pfaff Center or at the field).
- To limit the amount of players on the field, we will play a 5v5 format this fall. Kids not on the field will be behind one of the nets on either end of the field.
- This season will start on Saturday, Sept 19 and we anticipate running for six weeks, ending on Oct. 31. (There will be no games on Oct. 10, Columbus Day weekend.)
- Any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to Kevin Ryder, Director of Parks & Recreation, at email@example.com.
WRONG GRADE FOR YOUR CHILD? Please call or email us - do not try to create another account for your child!
Join us for FALL Kinder soccer. Participants develop their skills in an environment emphasizing fun, fundamentals and sportsmanship.
Games are played Saturday mornings at McCarthy Park.
Participants will need to wear shin guards, will need to bring a soccer ball (size 3) and water bottle each week.
No need for cleats - sneakers will suffice!
--> COACHES WANTED! We are seeking 2 volunteer coaches per team for the league. Please email Jacqui at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to coach!
As an FYI - we do not differentiate between "head" and "assistant" coaches - both share the same responsibilities and the commitment to be there on a weekly basis. If you have someone you want to coach with, I need an email from BOTH parties stating their intent to coach with you each other.
Cancellations will be made ASAP and an email blast will be sent out when a decision is made - please make sure your account information is accurate and you have the appropriate email address to receive notifications about the league.
Cancellations will be posted on our website as well.